Wusthof Classic Ikon Forged 8" Bread Knife
A classic amongst the range of knives that belong in every kitchen: as well as bread, this knife is suitable for use on hard-skinned vegetables and fruit, as well as for roasts, especially those with crackling. The concave (inwardly curved), serrated edge of the knife works like the teeth of a saw, but is much finer, so no pressure is required to cut any sort of bread and even a hard crust will allow a clean cut.
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material Polyoxymethylene (POM) which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
Family owned for seven generations, Wüsthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wüsthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance