STEELPORT Carbon Steel 10” Slicer Knife
The STEELPORT 10 Slicer Knife combines the best attributes of a slicer and cimeter. The curved blade ensures full contact on the cutting board and keeps your knuckles from hitting the board for a comfortable feel.
A long slicing knife is ideal for trimming and portioning large cuts of meat and fish. Any home cook or professional chef who regularly prepares larger proteins will get plenty of use out of this knife.
The STEELPORT 10 Slicer is an impressive showpiece for those who value a professional cut and presentation, whether for a special occasion like carving a holiday roast, trimming and portioning meat and fish, or precision work such as making sushi/sashimi.
STEELPORTs signature contoured handle makes cutting an enjoyable experience and not a chore. For all STEELPORT handles, they use Oregon Big Leaf Maple Burl, a locally sourced, naturally unique burl wood, stabilized with resin to meet tough kitchen requirements and wont shrink or swell.
Carbon Steel is for those who take pride in keeping their tools at peak performance through basic maintenance. Carbon Steel knives like STEELPORT are not stain or rust resistant. Day to day, it is as simple as remembering to hand wash and dry after each use.
· Always hand wash and hand dry never put your knife in a dishwasher or leave in the sink.
· Dont let it get dull honing your knife while it still has an edge will prevent you from having to sharpen it often. We recommend a ceramic hone or a leather strop. When it is time to sharpen, we recommend hand sharpening on a waterstone or wet grinding avoid any aggressive machine sharpening or any draw-through automatic devices.
· Protect the blade by avoiding lateral force movements (eg. do not use the tip of the blade to pry open a bottle, or twist the knife mid-cut.
· Always use a cutting board wood, hard-rubber, or a soft plastic are all fine. Avoid cutting on plates, stone, or other hard materials.
· Keep your edge protected in a block or sheath whenever not in use. Almost any way you can protect your blade should be fine wooden in-drawer or countertop blocks, soft-front wall magnets, individual sheaths. Avoid wall magnets with exposed metal and storing knives loose in a drawer which will lead to chipping and injury.
· Oil your carbon steel blade regularly to maintain its luster and shine. A blade oil treatment is especially important before prolonged storage. Use a neutral food-safe oil, like the STEELPORT Blade Oil made of camellia seed.
· Patina unique color changes that occur with time and use on carbon steel blades is natural and necessary, helping protect your blade and tell the stories of the meals it has prepared.
· If rust (dark red/orange spots) does occur, it is important to remove it before pitting can begin.
STEELPORT Knife Co. is a small team dedicated to producing the most trusted kitchen knives available. Their work combines premium materials, traditional forging technique, and American heirloom craftsmanship. They manufacture and sharpen each knife by hand in Portland, Oregon.