Shun Classic 7" Vegetable Cleaver
The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large squared knife with a very wide blade. Every part of it can be put to use. The edge is used to chop vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage, which are frequently a part of Chinese cuisine. Yet some cooks find their cleaver nimble enough for almost every kind of chopping and slicing. The flat of the blade makes a great tool for smashing garlic cloves or ginger, too. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, but Shuns thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure. Please do NOT use the Vegetable Cleaver on joints and meat. The Meat Cleaver is made for that.
- Perfect for chopping and slicing vegetablesa favorite of many professional chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan