Shun Classic 6" Utility Knife
In size, the Utility knife is between the Chef's knife and the Paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. It's perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. The Utility knife is sometimes called a sandwich knife because it works well on almost everything that goes into a sandwichfrom thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- A multipurpose knife between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan