Stocking your kitchen is all about getting the tools that work best for you. May we suggest you try the Shun Classic 5.5-in. Santoku? In size, this knife is between the small and full-sized santoku. This in-between weight and size make it perfect for medium-sized kitchen tasks, from slicing carrots and shallots to mincing herbs to cutting chocolate or butter. Cooks with smaller hands or those who simply prefer a smaller, lighter knife may find that this smaller santoku becomes a top go-to knife. Some cooks have told us they use it in place of a paring knife for some tasks or love it for cutting up fruit for breakfast.
- A smaller, lighter santoku you will reach for again and again
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan