Messermeister Oliva Elite Forged 8" Kullenschliff Carving Knife
Oliva Elite knife collection by Messermeister boasts an exquisite natural, Mediterranean olive wood handle in the popular straight tang, forged knife line series. The highly figured, beautiful golden-brown handle provides a secure ergonomic pinch grip with an unsurpassed balance. The blade, bolster and tang are one piece, hot-drop hammer forged from a single billet of the finest German 1.4116 steel alloy and heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58. The 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool. Oliva Elite knives are of heirloom quality and one of the best original forged wood handle knives. Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany.
Handcrafted by 4th generation knife artisans in the historical cutlery city of Solingen, Germany, the Messermeister Oliva Elite 8" Carving Knife has a narrow spear-point, fine-edge blade that is used for small to medium carving chores. It separates meat from the bone and slices it into thin serving portions. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Each knife handle in the Oliva Elité knife line is unique and made from beautiful, Italian olive wood. No two handles are the identical, making these knives truly boutique and one-of-a-kind.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Do not place in dishwasher.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Oil the wood handle as needed with food-safe mineral oil.