Ruffoni Historia Collection 1.5 Qt Bain-Marie
Perhaps less known than other kitchen tools, the Bain-Marie is a precious ally for many recipes, both sweet and savory. You can use it to melt chocolate and cheese for a sweet or savory fondue, of course, but this beautiful double-boiler will prove useful for many sauces and desserts as well. The insert is made of durable porcelain, easy to use and care for, while the solid copper pot can have infinite other uses as an independent saucepan.
Crafted in solid copper for superior heat conductivity, hammered for increased strength and lasting beauty and tin-lined by hand over fire so naturally low-stick. The riveted stick handles are cast in solid bronze, and the lid is crowned by Ruffoni's signature acorns and leaves.
- Diameter: 6.25"
- Height: 6"
- Capacity: 1.5 qt
- Cookware: solid, hammered copper
- Lining: high purity tin, applied by hand over fire
- Handles material: solid bronze
- Lid: included
Oven-safe: yes, up to 430 F (220 C)
- Stovetop: gas recommended - no induction
- Wash by hand
- Made in Italy
A Timeless Classic
The Historia Collection
Historia, meaning 'history' in Latin, is perhaps Ruffoni's most iconic collection. Each shape has been created by master coppersmiths in the same way as cooking vessels were manufactured in royal castles and palaces upon the request of court cooks. Truly a celebration of our shared culinary history, with this collection we relive centuries of tradition and honor exquisite craftmanship:
- Each item is skillfully crafted from a single sheet of copper for maximum heat conductivity and superior temperature control
- Hammered by master coppersmiths to ensure increased stregth and lasting beauty
- Internally lined by hand over fire with the purest, durable nonreactive tin so naturally low-stick
- Bronze handles are individually cast and attached with durable stainless steel rivets
- Handles and lids are enriched with finials in exquisite shapes such as acorns, artichokes, vegetables and animals to bring warmth and elegance to any table
- Heirloom quality items, worthy of being handed down through generations
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Italy
Use and Care For The Historia Collection
Recommended for use on gas stovetops, open flames (wood, charcoal, barbecue) and in the oven - electric cooktops also possible.
Never heat the pot empty and do not exceed 220 C (430 F). Bronze handles will get hot: always use pot holders while cooking.
Use wood or plastic tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
WASHING & POLISHING
Hand-wash with a soft sponge and mild detergent, and dry immediately with a soft cloth.
With use, copper develops a rich patina over time that many love and cherish. To restore a polished shine, use a good copper polish (like Ruffoni Cleaner) or salt with lemon juice/vinegar.
Tin will naturally discolor over time, but remain equally effective. Depending on use, the tin lining may eventually wear off and require retinning. Prolong the tin lining's life by not scratching it with metal tools, never overheating the cookware, and limiting the use of acidic ingredients.